CA Case Study at INSPIRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CA Case Study at INSPIRO

Forum for CA KC5- Case Study and Assignment. This forum will share knowledge and support aspiring chartered accountants. Ultimate aim is to make them different.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam

Go down 
+14
Ivantha
PBH
Kasunabey
gayathree
Sadasavi
Nimanthi*
Isuru Abeynayake
Priyantha
sachini
nirosha darshani
heshanak
Shalini
madusha
bnnuwan
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nirosha darshani

KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam Empty
PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 6:30 am

Sir,

I tired to access the link for GRI documents but it is not possible.

Please check it

Nirosha Peiris
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 9:03 am

Please check the above link now.
Back to top Go down
https://cakc5atinspiro.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 9:41 am

Sustainability and role of management accountant.

This document may provide some insight about role of accountant and sustainability practices

https://www.dropbox.com/home/KC5/Assignment/Support%20Doc?preview=Sustainability+and+Role+of+Mgt+Accountant.pdf
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 2:07 pm

Organizational Risk Management- Food for Thought

Sustainability has moved far from the realms of ‘green activism’: it is now part of mainstream societal values and as such an accepted element of corporate strategy. Financial approaches to sustainability are moving from fear of incurring extra costs to serious consideration of the costs of not taking action. What is clear from the case studies in this document is that:
> Sustainability-related risk is not standalone anymore but central to strategy
> Each organisation is different in terms of its sustainable business risks and opportunities
> Sustainability can improve the financial bottom line –it is not a cost burden
> The accounting and reporting team needs to take a lead role in identifying and addressing sustainability-related risk and opportunity

Key stakeholders are seeking to prevent a repeat of the Global Financial Crisis (GFC), and so are tightening the rules and demanding additional information on business performance, including
on each organisation’s response to risks and opportunities arising from global mega-trends (or challenges) like climate change, population growth and urbanisation.

(Source: Integrating sustainability into business practices: a case study approach by CA Australia)

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 10:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 9:05 am

Risk-  Relevant Sections in GRI (GRI Reporting Principles and Standard Disclosure)

G4- 2
Refer Page 27 to 30 of DIMO 2014/2015 annual report to get practical aspect
Also pages 82 to 86

G4- 45 to 47
G4- EC2

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 1:02 pm

The following document will provide you some guidance to your report writing.

Please refer format instructions and Reference sections given by CA.

Below link provide you additional support information on
how to write an introduction,
Importance of having a logic, rational and flow
how to present figures, graphs, illustrations
how to write a recommendation and conclusion
how to structure a paragraph
How do we select what to present on the body/annexure

https://www.dropbox.com/home/KC5/Assignment/Support%20Doc?preview=VBS-report-writing-guide-2013-July.pdf
Back to top Go down
bnnuwan

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 10:37 pm

When i go to the drop box links it shows as " The folder ‘/KC5/Assignment/Support Doc’ doesn’t exist."
Back to top Go down
madusha

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 11:09 pm

I'm having the same issue like bnnuwan posted earlier.
Back to top Go down
Shalini

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 11:44 pm

I also had the same issue.. But there is an alternative way, without directly clicking on the link just copy the link from where the equal sign starts and paste it on the search bar then you can go to that link...

For example on the above link just copy "VBS-report-writing-guide-2013-July.pdf"

Try this out for now, I hope Sir will fix it soon...
Back to top Go down
heshanak

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 11:52 pm

Did you press "Download" tab on the top right hand corner?

Please let me know whether issue continues..
Back to top Go down
madusha

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 1:15 am

Sorry sir, there is no "download" tab on the top right hand corner to press, issue still continues.
Back to top Go down
nirosha darshani

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 5:23 am

I also had the same issue.. But I did it as Shalini's said way and go to that doc.
Back to top Go down
Ivantha

PostSubject: Clarification about the assignment   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 10:06 am

Dear Sir,
At the workshop held at CA Sri Lanka on last Monday, they indicated that student shall prepare “Sustainability Report” for manufacturing Sector Company, which is similar to the report produced by listed company to their stakeholders. However, according to my understanding of the assignment, student shall prepare a report to the board by clarifying how Sustainability reporting (based on GRI initiatives) and risk management can be integrated with existing reporting system. Please guide me what is correct.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
sachini

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 7:41 pm

Sir I am in a doubt about what kind of information do I need to gather from the selected enmity? ??
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 9:16 pm

sachini wrote:
Sir I am in a doubt about what kind of information do I need to gather from the selected enmity? ??

Gather as much as possible relating to sustainability related information and risk management methodology of the business. Please refer above areas (around 25) as a guide.

If they don't have a separate sustainability initiative you need see what information can be extracted from current practices. They will not be able to explain their practices as sustainability initiatives if they don't have that idea. It is you who need to identify.

Also you can suggest improvement opportunities in your report.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 9:21 pm

Ivantha wrote:
Dear Sir,
At the workshop held at CA Sri Lanka on last Monday, they indicated that student shall prepare “Sustainability Report” for manufacturing Sector Company, which is similar to the report produced by listed company to their stakeholders. However, according to my understanding of the assignment, student shall prepare a report to the board by clarifying how Sustainability reporting (based on GRI initiatives) and risk management can be integrated with existing reporting system. Please guide me what is correct.

Thanks

As per the question you need to write "sustainability integration" and "Risk Management aspect" specifically.
When you write a report on these two areas, you will have to cover all the main areas coming under GRI reporting.
(Please refer DIMO example sighted above)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 9:49 pm

Admin wrote:
Ivantha wrote:
Dear Sir,

Thanks

As per the question you need to write "sustainability integration" and "Risk Management aspect" specifically.
When you write a report on these two areas, you will have to cover all the main areas coming under GRI reporting.
(Please refer DIMO example sighted above)

Others, Please share your ideas/thoughts...... There is no competition here...
Back to top Go down
Ivantha

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 2:31 pm

Dear Sir,

I suppose having a questionnaire to collect sustainability and risk management aspects about the selected entity may be more beneficial. Is that so?

Still I’m not quite sure about the meaning of “Sustainability Integration Process”. According to my understanding, it may be one of following.
1.How we can integrate “Sustainability” in to company’s operation practically; or
2.How we can integrate “Sustainability Reporting” part in to company’s general reporting process; or
3.What is the present context of the company, in relation to sustainability, both in operation & reporting?

Thus, can you explain exact meaning of it?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 9:51 pm

Ivantha wrote:
Dear Sir,

I suppose having a questionnaire to collect sustainability and risk management aspects about the selected entity may be more beneficial. Is that so?

Still I’m not quite sure about the meaning of “Sustainability Integration Process”. According to my understanding, it may be one of following.
1.How we can integrate “Sustainability” in to company’s operation practically; or
2.How we can integrate “Sustainability Reporting” part in to company’s general reporting process; or
3.What is the present context of the company, in relation to sustainability, both in operation & reporting?

Thus, can you explain exact meaning of it?

Thanks

Sustainability Integrated reporting to happen, you need integrated thinking and culture. Otherwise it will merely be a copy and paste document. It should start with Board of Directors (decide integrated strategy, i.e. change in thinking from financial focus to one that consider all important aspects such as environment/society) and then to senior management and finally employees. So it is both.. more importantly number one, the second is tool that is used to communicate results of number one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 7:01 am

Please refer below link

http://www.cimaglobal.com/Documents/Thought_leadership_docs/Sustainability%20and%20Climate%20Change/Management%20control_sustainability-strategy.pdf

Also you may find the following useful:
Sustainability and role of the management accountant- (http://bit.ly/15CVQx9)
CIMA publications
Back to top Go down
Priyantha

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 5:17 am

Dear sir,
As per the assignmemt marking guide ,they want to understand the issue & analyse it.that means we have to identify one issue & explain how it effects to the integration process & risk management without explaining in detailed analysis of entire intergration process & risk management of the company
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:28 am

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 10:35 am

Priyantha wrote:
Dear sir,
As per the assignmemt marking guide ,they want to understand the issue & analyse it.that means we have to identify one issue & explain how it effects to the integration process & risk management without explaining in detailed analysis of entire intergration process & risk management of the company

I don't think.
Here two main issues are Sustainability Integration Process and Risk Management. Don't you think so?
Back to top Go down
Isuru Abeynayake

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Dera all

please find the recording of 3 April 2016 class .

Recording 1- Nuwan Asiance Aliiance

Recording 2 - Praneeth Body Line

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam   KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam Empty

Back to top Go down

KC5 Assignment Guide and Support Infor-July 2016 Exam
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next